Treasure Coast High School's boys basketball team is still undefeated. CARYN SHAFFER/TCPALM
Tyrec Thompson (0), playing defense against Vero Beach in a District 8-9A game Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018, has been a difference maker in undefeated Treasure Coast's past two wins.(Photo: JEREMIAH WILSON/TCPALM)Buy Photo
Treasure Coast High School's boys basketball team is moving into elite waters.
At 15-0, the Titans have matched the eighth-longest undefeated start by a boys basketball team in nearly a century of area basketball.
So it's really no surprise that Treasure Coast remains atop the boys basketball rankings in our latest edition of the TCPalm Top 5.
But how do the area's other teams stack up?
Let's find out.
1. Treasure Coast (15-0): After taking charge during the fourth quarter of a rally against Vero Beach on Tuesday, Tyrec Thompson scored 20 of his school-record 42 points in the first quarter of a win Thursday against Martin County. You start to wonder what else he — and the Titans — can do.
2. Fort Pierce Central (10-4): Cobras have won three consecutive games.
3. Vero Beach (8-5): Fighting Indians had six-point, fourth-quarter lead against Treasure Coast before Titans rallied for a one-point win.
4. Martin County (9-5): Tigers are 5-5 when allowing 70 points or more this season.
5. John Carroll Catholic (10-3): Golden Rams off to best start since 2004-05 team also won 10 of first 13.
1. St. Lucie West Centennial (9-6): Eagles face huge District 8-9A test against defending champion Vero Beach on Friday night.
2. Lincoln Park Academy (13-3): Greyhounds on verge of vaulting into top spot after impressive five-game winning streak.
3. Fort Pierce Central (8-5): Cobras should be a factor in District 8-9A race.
4. Vero Beach (8-4): Rebounded from 19-point loss to Melbourne Central Catholic with solid win against District 8-9A opponent Treasure Coast.
5. Treasure Coast (8-6): Titans have lost two consecutive games but still on track for a winning season.
1. Okeechobee (9-2-1): Brahmans tied Vero Beach .
2. South Fork (9-3-1): Bulldogs had six-game winning streak snapped in 3-1 loss to North Broward Prep.
3. Vero Beach (5-4-2): Fighting Indians tied Okeechobee, face Centennial on Friday.
4. Sebastian River (5-4-1): Sharks coming off tough District 6-4A loss to Heritage.
5. Fort Pierce Westwood (8-1-2): Great turnaround season. Only question now is whether Panthers can challenge for the District 12-3A title.
5. (tie) St. Edward's (8-1-1): Long holiday break did little to slow Pirates' momentum.
1. Vero Beach (12-3-1): Fighting Indians have won seven consecutive games.
2. South Fork (13-1): Bulldogs will be a tough out again in District 13-4A playoffs.
3. Martin County (8-5-2): Tigers went 1-2 for the week.
4. Jensen Beach (7-8-1): Falcons keep hovering around .500 mark.
5. Lincoln Park Academy (7-6-1): Greyhounds lodged in tough District 6-4A.
1. Jensen Beach: Falcons finished runner-up in Cradle Cancer Invitational, then won Region 4-2A duals to advance to first state dual-meet tournament.
2. Fort Pierce Central: Cobras missed out on state duals with loss to Wellington in Region 3-3A dual.
3. St. Lucie West Centennial: Eagles finished 13th in Cradle Cancer Invitational.
4. Okeechobee: Gave Palm Bay all it could handle at Region 4-2A Duals.
5. Sebastian River: Sharks coming off 18th-place finish at Cradle Cancer Invitational.
Source : http://www.tcpalm.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/01/13/tcpalm-top-5-no-stopping-treasure-coast-boys-so-far/1028891001/